Graduate Student Travel Grants
|Graduate Student Council
|IFAS/CALS Graduate Student Travel Grant
|UF Research and Graduate Programs Travel Grant
|James Davidson Graduate Travel Scholarship
|Tropical Conservation and Development
Determining Eligibility for $250 SNRE Travel Grants
- Students must present original research conducted for the Interdisciplinary Ecology degree at a conference.
- You do not need to wait for notification of acceptance to the conference before applying for a travel grant.
- Students must be registered as SNRE graduates during the entire time of travel. If your travel is during the summer term and you are not registered for summer, you must be registered during the preceding spring semester AND the following fall semester.
- Students must be in good academic standing, as outlined in the graduate catalog, by the application deadline.
- Students must apply for the IFAS travel grant.
- Students are NOT eligible for a travel grant if they received one during the current or previous fiscal year, which runs from July 1 - June 30. For example, if you received a travel grant during the 2020-2021 fiscal year, you would not be eligible for another travel grant until July 2022, which is the start of the 2022-2023 fiscal year.
If ALL of the above apply to you, then you are eligible to apply for a $250 SNRE travel grant.
The following criteria will be used to select winners:
- Interdisciplinary research methods, good and sound science
- Research represents UF well
- Participation in SNRE events
- Type of conference and type of delivery form
- Other funds available
Applicants with the following qualifications may be given preference:
- Presenting final research from M.S. or Ph.D.
- Nearing expected graduation date
- First SNRE travel grant during your present degree
Applying for a $250 SNRE Travel Grant
- Fill out the SNRE Travel Grant Application.
- Save and email the completed form to Silvia de Melo Futada.
- Fill out the Travel Request Form.
- Fill out the Travel Expense Form.
|TRAVEL APPLICATION DEADLINES
|For conferences that begin between the dates:
|January 1st - March 31st
|April 1st - June 30th
|July 1st - September 30th
|October 1st - December 31st
Early applications are encouraged, but late applications are not accepted. All travel grants are awarded on a reimbursable basis. NO PCARD EXPENSES WILL BE REIMBURSED BY SNRE. Submission of original receipts and a copy of the conference agenda are required to release funds.
Questions regarding travel grants should be directed to Christy La Plante at email@example.com.